Saturday, August 27, 2011

Party on the Porch and other stuff

Last night was the annual Party on the Porch at Sweet Home. Since this summer has been SO HOT, Bad Melisa moved the party indoors. We played games, munched on goodies and fondled fabric! I participated in yoyo making...it's right up there with heinous applique(staplique). I should have picked up the last block for Comfort and Joy. The last month is still sitting on the table unopened. I will get around to it someday! I could not resist those pretty Christmas ornaments and the fabric that went with it. So it came home with me.
After Party on the Porch, Cindi, Sarah-no blog, and I went to Brewster's for ice cream. We did this last year as well. Sarah has pictures to prove it!


Today was a day to rid myself of the green tootsies. The toes are now a more traditional red. Then it was over to see Miss Alice. Kris wanted to see the fabric I picked up for her new quilt. Alice got her big girl bed this week, so I need to get busy making the quilt. Kris was doing artwork on her wall. Lots of owls and birds...so cute!! We decided that one of the fabrics we had picked up several months ago would look great bordering the curtains. The curtains came home with me and I did some unsewing on the fabric I had added to them for the nursery.

Now about that second picture.......the car made a wrong turn and somehow I ended up at Patchwork Cottage! Look at what Moda did! 1-800-GOTTA HAVE. Don't often see gray and this is a good one. Mita has this line right as you walk in-just grab the bolts and have her cut it. She even has that great pattern. Instant project....another one. Still haven't figured out the border for last week's project-work got in the way

I am hoping I can do Alice's curtain tomorrow




1 wonderful peoplecomments:

Unknown said...

Yoyo's, I can't believe it. I can't wait to see you first staplique yoyo project.