Sunday, October 12, 2008

Road trip...

Since gas is once more plentiful here, I decided that I needed to check out the quilt shop that Peggy Barkle told me about a few weeks ago down in McDonough. (Had to look at a map to see just where McD was).
Mistake number one was to mapquest the directions to the store instead of using the directions on their website. I figured cutting through the backway would be faster than going down I75. I knew I had seen Rock Chapel Rd on one of my trips to Conyers. Could I find it yesterday? Last evening when looking at a map found out Hwy 24 is Rock Chapel Rd once you hit the DeKalb line) but I digress...anyway I meandered around in circles and saw some pretty nice houses (don't know where I was). I love being on a road that I have never been on before and I had the magical gas, so who cares! Eventually I ended up on I75 and made my way to The Scarlet Thread-which by the way is right off the interstate. The shop is a very nice one with lots of different types of fabrics-brights like Intown and the more traditional like Sweet Home. (More to come about the Evil Temptress)

I bought the pattern Kris and I have been waiting for for the Amy Butler bag that she wants and 2 other patterns.
Then I decided I would check out the sale in Jackson. I lost another road on Mapquest but got to Jackson anyway. Nothing tempted me at that shop so I was in and out in about 15 minutes.

On the way home I detoured off I75 again and decided to come up on smaller roads-it was a pretty although cloudy day-looked like a real Fall day. So I am on GA20 going north because I know I can cut up to Snellville that way. Funny thing happened the car (on it's own) turned toward Sweet Home. I wonder if the Evil Temptress has tampered with my automobile??? So I am in Conyers, I guess I might as well check in on Melisa and her gang...I did help the economy there and got some fabric for latice and a border for a pattern I bought earlier in the day.

And as I told Melisa, when I got home I took a nap. It is hard work doing all that planning!

3 wonderful peoplecomments:

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

I am so glad that my 'powers' continue to be strong and irresistable! It was great to see you today, as always!
I hope you enjoyed your nap - I, unfortunately, did not get to take one. And the worst part is that the 'Committee' continued to meet ALL NIGHT LONG! What's up with that?

Gretchen said...

Yea for your road trip!! I could not go to Melisa's this weekend because I had to buy a new vacuum cleaner. That's negative fun but at least there is less cat hair around here. You need to post photos of your goodies

Becky said...

What a fun day! Your car is just set on auto-pilot to Sweet Home. It knows a good place :) Not much sewing going on at my house. Hopefully that will change soon.