Sunday, April 3, 2011

Stash Busting Class

Yesterday I went to Patchwork Cottage for the first session of the Stash Busting program. I located a couple of pieces of fabric (on the floor) to take with me. Did not know what the project was to be. This month is a table runner. It will end up with one of the girls. Take a look at the notebook..."Let's Bake". How funny is that...Baking is not happening in this house!

So I stash busted for awhile and then as I was exiting the shop.....this lovely line called to me. Summer Breeze by Moda. It is so pretty. (Maybe I should not have allowed Moda Man to come with me this morning). These lovelies will be made into a Sassy 16 sometime in the future....
When I returned home, I continued on construction of Lilac Hill. The pattern does not call for a border but I think it needs one. So does Wild Willie. I had already enlarged the top from 20 to 30 blocks. I think a border will just make it perfect! And now I can start working on the backing-Schnibble pattern as yet to be determined.



After 2 more terrible weeks at work, I have decided that being a light in the darkness may work for a short period of time (and I will continue to do so) but it is time to investigate other options. I can no longer work in a place where there is no way to do the job the way I want to do it with the limitations being imposed. And so today Laurie and I will be polishing the resume. It is time to move on...

3 wonderful peoplecomments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Ok so let me get this straight you went to Stash Busters and came home with a new line of Moda fabric! I just laughed myself silly.

I can come to your place of employment and punch out whoever you wish!

Pat

A Quilter Awakens said...

And if Pat doesn't get it done, you can call your black belted friend who owns Chuck Norris style boots to do some stompin' on em.

I love your Lilac Hill quilt, and your new fabric reflects your determination to be light!

Karmen

Brenda said...

I agree with Willie, it would look great with a border.