Sunday, April 3, 2011

Stash Busting Class

Yesterday I went to Patchwork Cottage for the first session of the Stash Busting program. I located a couple of pieces of fabric (on the floor) to take with me. Did not know what the project was to be. This month is a table runner. It will end up with one of the girls. Take a look at the notebook..."Let's Bake". How funny is that...Baking is not happening in this house!

So I stash busted for awhile and then as I was exiting the shop.....this lovely line called to me. Summer Breeze by Moda. It is so pretty. (Maybe I should not have allowed Moda Man to come with me this morning). These lovelies will be made into a Sassy 16 sometime in the future....
When I returned home, I continued on construction of Lilac Hill. The pattern does not call for a border but I think it needs one. So does Wild Willie. I had already enlarged the top from 20 to 30 blocks. I think a border will just make it perfect! And now I can start working on the backing-Schnibble pattern as yet to be determined.



After 2 more terrible weeks at work, I have decided that being a light in the darkness may work for a short period of time (and I will continue to do so) but it is time to investigate other options. I can no longer work in a place where there is no way to do the job the way I want to do it with the limitations being imposed. And so today Laurie and I will be polishing the resume. It is time to move on...

3 wonderful peoplecomments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Ok so let me get this straight you went to Stash Busters and came home with a new line of Moda fabric! I just laughed myself silly.

I can come to your place of employment and punch out whoever you wish!

Pat

Karmen said...

And if Pat doesn't get it done, you can call your black belted friend who owns Chuck Norris style boots to do some stompin' on em.

I love your Lilac Hill quilt, and your new fabric reflects your determination to be light!

Karmen

Unknown said...

I agree with Willie, it would look great with a border.