Sunday, January 30, 2011

What was I thinking?

A couple of weeks ago, I thought about doing the Civil War block thing by Barbara Brackman. I actually completed 2 blocks. Block #3 involved applique. All my friends know how I feel about applique. It didn't happen. I think #5 block is published now...

Then there is the Layer Cake BOM...I am behind on that as well. But the problem with that one is that I really don't like the way the blocks have come out....

I did finish the Jelly Roll BOM but when I look at the blocks together, I don't like that either....

So here are my solutions:
1- I'll just read the Barbara Brackman blog. It really is interesting. But I am going to pass on making more blocks.
2-Those blocks I have completed..I am sending them to the Carisbrook Flood Quilt Project that I read about on the Moose on the Porch blog. Someone can stitch them into a quilt for a needy person.


I have so many UFO's around here, I should not start anything else. So where was I today?
That would be out at Sweet Home doing the 5th Saturday Challenge! And I haven't a clue what I will make out of the contents of the little brown bag.

I haven't done much sewing since last week's quilted pencil case disaster. I guess my mind is just not in the right place at the moment. Tomorrow is another day....

0 wonderful peoplecomments: