Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"Crazy" Workshop

It has been a fun week so far.  Yesterday was a great guild meeting.  The speaker was Jane Buckwald (sp) talking about quilting era following Civil War until present.   She brought many quilts and it was an enjoyable and informative lecture.

Today was a workshop to learn the technique in the book "Crazy 'Til the Cows Come Home" by Buggy Barn.  Our project was Quilters Village.  I was not too sure about this whole process prior to going to the class.    The book shows the quilt in homespun type fabrics.  That is not my style.  I only attempted one quilt in homespun and never finished it.  And am not too sure what happened to the rest of it!  I decided I was going to go wild.  After all it is "crazy".  My project will look like some village on drugs!! 
The trimming of the block is not done until all the construction of the blocks is completed.  I will not be making the quilt as big.  The original has 30 houses.  I also have "tree" blocks to make.  We will see!!

2 wonderful peoplecomments:

Linda K said...

Super house,Karin! Great class, even though we weren't too sure about the whole thing when we first started! I can't wait to make house #2!!

Brenda said...

I like the drugs your houses are on!!!