Thursday, March 14, 2013

Greater Atlanta Shop Hop

So this picture has nothing to do with the Shop Hop-just Spooky roosting on Easy Street.
We decided yesterday to check out the shops in Marietta.  So bright and early this morning Marti, Marie, Cindi and I headed off to the other side of town.  We went to Little Quilts and Tiny Stitches first.  I really don't understand why quilt shops just don't seem to last in Gwinnett County.  We did some looking and some buying-fondled a bit of fabric and then it was time to eat lunch.  I must admit, one of the first things discussed this morning was where we would lite for lunch.  All of us have a fondness for the Marietta Diner.  Only downside is the food is so good, one has no room for one of the decadent deserts-oh those cakes and pies!!!!  i swear you gain weight just walking by the cases!

After lunch we checked out Red Hen.  Not my favorite shop but I did manage to get a piece of fabric for the back of a Just for You quilt. 
We ran into several Thimbles during the day-more Gwinettians on a mission!

Before heading back to our side of town, we made a quick detour to Kennesaw-famous for the Civil War battle and Cottontail Quilts.  This is a lovely shop.  By the time we hit I75 we were in rush hour traffic.  But then again-rush hour in the ATL lasts most of the day.

I must ready myself for more fun-tomorrow is Thimbles!!!!  Life is good

2 wonderful peoplecomments:

Karmen said...

I got to nine shops Thursday and the last one yesterday. Kind of miserable eating McDonalds in the car, but I was determined to get to all of them this year.
Karmen

Unknown said...

Great to see you on Friday.