Thursday, July 18, 2013

Movie Date

 So before I get to the details of the movie "date", I thought I should show that I actually got some sewing done.  The block of the week was a bit behind!  I am now all caught up.  # 43-46 done!!  3 more blocks to go.

When I was up in Dalonega, I got the blue fabric for latice.  The pattern read 32 strips of each and I got enough for that.  Problem was it should have been 64.  Back to the drawing board.  I changed the nine patches to five inch squares and will finish this baby as a Just 4 U.  I need a couple of borders and it is done.  I found a piece of fabric at home that goes much better with the nine patch blocks I made.  I will finish that and it will be incorporated into a backing.  I am thinking it will be on the top that I plan to make at Stitch-in next week.

Now to the date.........are you ready???????


Emma and I went to see Despicable Me 2 this morning.  What a cute movie.  I love the minions.  I can't remember the last movie I saw.  Now I want to see the Smurf movie too!  I am sensing a pattern.

1 wonderful peoplecomments:

Gretchen said...

Great blocks! Oh I am so behind; it is ridiculous! Wish I could have gone on date with you and Emma--I love Despicable Me! Good to hear that second movie is great too.