Thursday, March 3, 2011

Being a light in the dark..

I have not blogged in over a week. I had nothing to say. Had not done any sewing. Big event...went to the dentist..had a crown replaced.

I have been in a funk lately. Maybe it is seasonal affective disorder...maybe not. At any rate, I sat myself down the other evening and had a chat with me about attitude. The job has been a challenge to say the least since the rainbow people took it over. We had to live through the annual survey. There has been a lot of discontent throughout the facility. My 2 coworkers have resigned and I toyed with the idea as well. But actually, all SNF's are basically the same. The grass is not usually greener. So I will stay put.

So I have decided that I will go into work everyday and smile and acknowledge the poor CNA's who work hard for not enough money. I know I would not be able to do all that they have to do on a daily basis. I am going to try to be a light in the darkness that the workplace has become.

So my dear friends, please remind me of this blog when I start bitching again!

BTW-I did complete the Morris Brandon raffle quilt. Check one thing off the list!

And I have the cruise to look forward to as well! AND the Bradford Pear trees are in full bloom..so pretty to look at as long as you don't have to smell them...forsythia,daffies,,,,Spring is coming. (of course that means pollen but I can deal).

5 wonderful peoplecomments:

Gretchen said...

That is a great attitude to have. I felt the same way on Friday when I took it upon myself to solve two problems that a coworker was having. She has been terribly sick and just at the end of her rope with her computer not working & other issues so first thing Monday I went straight to boss's boss and got things squared away within an hour. I felt so great helping her out when she was down. Sometimes you just have to rise above!

Unknown said...

Love your positive attitude, I know what you meant about not wanting to deal with it any more. Some days are better than others and like you said the grass isn't always greener. Keep Smiling and sewing.

Pat said...

Glad to hear you have decided to take charge of your attitude! We could take your lead! I for one am truly grateful to have a job in this day and age. It isn't always peaches and cream, I guess that is why it is called a job.

I am looking forward to reading your funny blog and seeing your quilt photos!!!

Hang in there and continue to talk with yourself.

Karmen said...

Hang in there, Karin! I miss your goofy blog posts, but I know you will be back at it as soon as you are feeling better. Work is just work, and I have learned to leave it in the concrete block building where it belongs. Take care, Karmen

Anonymous said...

That's the Karin I know and love- and miss. I need some of that shot in the arm, too, about now. I have got to get out of here for a while! How were your 9 pieces of pineapple?