Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Dragonfly Quilt Shop

There is something to be said about rural Georgia....but I'm not sure what!
So I took my trusty little piece of paper with the directions and my cell phone (fully charged) and hit the road for Watkinsville. And I drove and drove...there is not too much to see on 316....well there is nothing see on 316. Watkinsville is sort of very east of East Bumblef___ (as my girls would say). It took about an hour to get there and it is a nice little shop with some different fabrics-lots of geometric. It was kind of crowded because evidently this is a birthday for the shop. I won a free fat quarter. Lots of different stuff and nice samples. The ladies were all very nice. It is a good place to go if you want to do a road trip but a little far for your average "go to the store and hang out with your friends and maybe buy some more fabric that you don't need".
I was pretty good and only spent about $35.
I have already checked in with Laur so she knows I am safe and sound and back in Gwinnett.

0 wonderful peoplecomments: