Saturday, October 2, 2010

Blurry week-no sewing

A whole week and no blogging-work got in the way!!
But today was a good day. Groovy Girls out at Sweet Home. This month's assignment includes the "A" word. AHHHHHHHHHH
Gretchen and Melisa say I can do it. I have a whole month.
I did finish the binding on Scrappy scrappy nines last evening. Today I finished sewing the gaggle of geese for Homeward Bound. I think this month's Thimbles is a project I have elected not to do (applique)-so I can work on finishing this up then.
I am behind on the Quilt Room BOM. so this afternoon, I tackled that project. I finished the Oct. block but still have to figure out September-ergo the pile o' strips above.
I made a list of my UFOs....it makes me want to escape to the couch!

Gretch had a great bag that she made after last month's Groovy Girls. I picked up the pattern and the cardboard on a roll (Cindi's description). I want to make one of those bags. Gretchen is calling it the new Bad Melisa bag. It holds more!!!!


I am just worn out from my busy day.

4 wonderful peoplecomments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Excuse me...EXCUSE ME DID I HEAR YOU RIGHT?? You are doing applique with MELISA. Me thinks you better rethink that thought...ahhahahaha.

Pat
and yes you did not choose to do this months project BECUZ IT HAS APPLIQUE as I recall.

I need to speak to Moda man NOW!

Gretchen said...

Oh no! Now you are in trouble with Mother Superior Thimble. Great to see you yesterday!! Hope there is more sewing in your week.

Becky said...

Sounds like you accomplished lots to me:) Looking forward to seeing your new Badder Melissa bag:)

Unknown said...

What you are going to try the "A". I can't believe it.