Friday, November 28, 2008

Contributions to the 401-F

I am not one of those Black Friday shoppers-I have never been at the store at "dark thirty". BUT Melisa of Sweet Home, AKA Evil Temptress, The Enabler, had a sale this morning starting at 7AM. And of course, I am driving to Conyers, in the dark, praying I don't do a dance with a deer on 20. I made it safely there at 7AM....first one in the door, thank you very much, I have my priorites straight! I got my backing and binding for the quilt I just put borders on. Then I prowled around for more good stuff. I'll have to post a picture later when I get home from work.
I told Melisa that I found a bag in the sewing room yesterday with a receipt from 2006. It had a whole collection of fabrics. I haven't got the slightest idea what I was going to do with them. Now I'll have to figure out a pattern all over again! Maybe if I look further, I might find Jimmy Hoffa in there!
Now I am going to pretend to do a little work for awhile. This afternoon I am going to pick up 2 quilts from Peggy and introduce Krissy to her. I have her quilt and another ready to be quilted. When I get the binding on the pickups I will have met my goal for 2008 with a month to spare. Well actually, there are probably more new projects in that group than completed quilt tops waiting to be quilted Next year I will try to do better(who am I kidding!)

Now to work.....

2 wonderful peoplecomments:

Gretchen said...

Loved this post about shopping at Melisa's at dark-thirty! How fun! Please post photo of your dark-thirty goodies :)

Becky said...

So glad that you were able to travel to Conyers for the sale. How glad they must have been to see you walk in the door. Buying fabric is so much fun!