Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gretchen knows me well....



Yes, she does! I made another trip out to Sweet Home yesterday to get the navy fabric so that I could finish Obama Blue. It really did come out quite nice, if I say so myself! And it was nice to hang out there for awhile and visit. It was a good day for quilters-rainy and damp. So I stayed and visited and wandered about the store. Drat the Evil Temptress!
The fabric on the top is from the American Primer line. Melisa and crew has fussy cut this for a border and it looks great. I have a jelly roll of this line so I will just add this to it.
Then I cam home and finished Obama Blue and cut the Bistro jelly toll to start that project. It is a quickie and I should have it mostly done by the end of the weekend. I bought the tan fabric to back it (also from the Bistro line and I will bind it with the red. I am on a roll!
A cold front came through during the night, so It will be a good day to stay in and sew. I have some repair work to do on Sarah's brownie sash and also have to hem a pair of pants for one of my coworkers. He was walking around with his scrubs rolled up and I felt sorry for him.

3 wonderful peoplecomments:

Gretchen said...

I love your Obama Blue quilt!!! It's beautiful. I especially like the border fabric. Your Bistro quilt is going to be another winner I am sure. Enjoy this weekend's perfect quilting weather :)

laurie said...

I'm not sure why you're calling it the Obama quilt (good thing he won, or else would it have been a Palin poncho?) but I think it's very pretty!

Becky said...

Your Obama Blue is a stunning quilt. Great pattern!!!! Thanks for keeping Melisa in business! We need to keep Our quilt shop open!