Monday, November 10, 2008

Melisa made me do it!


I made a booboo when cutting out the blue quilt. I guess I got carried away with the election because I have too many pieces and not enough strips to finish. This morning I frantically called Melisa to see if there was any of the fabric left and yes she thinks so. Lunchtime trip to Sweet Home and yes I was able to get the needed material. I also took a piece of the outer border for the Far East quilt to see if I could find something suitable. Again yes-that is the gold color piece in the picture. Then the Evil Temptress struck....the piece of fabric with the large flowers beckoned me over....it is one of those "gotta haves" and of course gotta have something to go with it. Three more pieces of fabric. THEN I mentioned to her that the pattern I intended to use the Bistro line in the Jelly Roll book didn't work and so I have a jelly roll with no plans. So she shows me this great pattern. It is called "The Jelly Maker's Cabin". Looks like it would be good for the Bistro EXCEPT, you need 52 strips to make the quilt top...so another jelly roll-all this for the needed half yard of fabric. BAD MELISA!!! Actually she is the best. And she has her new web site up which I need to link with my blog. It is wonderful. sweethomequiltco.com/weblog/ Check it out!!!

2 wonderful peoplecomments:

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

I was soooo glad I still had the fabric you needed. And I'm always happy to help you find more fun projects! Gotta keep you out of trouble and me in business!

Gretchen said...

This is similar to running to Melisa's to buy thread. Do you see a pattern here????? Hee hee