Monday, November 17, 2008

Productive weeked

I guess a good thing about a cold weekend was that I did a lot of sewing. Yesterday afternoon I finished the binding on the Far East quilt. I made binding for three quilts and I also made the backs for the same three quilts. That really doesn't count because all it is is cutting a piece of fabric in half, tearing off the selvages and sewing the two pieces together. Three more quilts to go to the quilter. Laurie's quilt makes #19 for this year. Peggy has 2 quilts now and hopefully I will get them back before the new year. I will have made my appended goal. Back in Jan or Feb I decided to finish some of the quilts I have started in past years. I did finish some of them but also added more new quilts to the pile.

I think today I need to venture out of the house....just because otherwise I might be considered a hermit!

On another note, I made a call to my friend Jacky in NY and requested some MyT Fine chocolate pudding. I have used up my supply. I also told her she could send me some Drake's coffee cakes. I have been here in Atlanta more than 10 years but I still need the need to import those two things. Comfort food for me!

All in all, it has been a great time away from work. Unfortunately I need to work to support my habit. One of the ladies I visited with out at Sweet Home on Friday said quilting is not a cheap hobby. Yes, Pogo you are right but it is one that makes me very happy!

1 wonderful peoplecomments:

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Quilting as a hobby may not be cheap, but it's still cheaper than therapy!!!
Glad you got the Far East quilt done done.