Monday, June 1, 2009

Becky's challenge

Several years ago, Gretchen, Becky and I did an exchange to make a quilt top called Autumn Ridge. Of course Gretchen completed hers the same year(month, probably)! Becky and I would talk about it when it came up at sisters and then Thimbles. In her most current post, Becky has decided that the time has come to complete this top. So at 6:15 this morning, I began the hunt for the strips. Now I knew they were all together SOMEWHERE in the sewing room. OMG my sewing room is way beyond disaster area. I thought I knew where it was. Wrong not there. I really need to do something about this mess. Then I went into the other room to see if perhaps I had put it there and success I found it!!!! Bonus I even located the book. In the process of the search I have piles all over the sewing room. Before I can do anything, I MUST try to sort, straighten and toss some of that mess! Time for a large container to donate some of the fabric pieces and leftovers that I will never use!

3 wonderful peoplecomments:

Becky said...

Gosh, I knew it. You will be finished by the time I begin sewing this evening. We are gonna have a great looking quilt! If you are looking for a place to donate "unloved" fabric, my art teacher at school was asking for fabric donations. Take care! Miss you!

Gretchen said...

I checked my trusty huge stack of purple index cards and we traded strips in September 2005!!!!!! I started the quilt on 8/3/07 and finished 9/3/07(Note: not the same month or year). I've bought not one but two (!) backings for the quilt and it's still not quilted yet. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

Carol said...

If you have any leftover strips-- save them for me since I have yet to start Autumn Ridge.