Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Life-quite an adventure!

Just when I thought work couldn't get more anxiety provoking...it did. It started bright and early this morning-before 9AM. One of the middle management people from SoCar came to our morning meeting and announced that since that state had frozen medicare/caid rates, the company was seriously in a deficit and so all of the facilities needed to step up and save some money. What it amounted to was the elimination of 2 positions within our facility. One of them is the admission coordinator (which makes no sense at all-but what do I know). The other position was the third case manager. Now I understand yesterday's events. So thank you very much, I now have pretty much tripled my case load Ahh job security....right!

Then about 11:30 a state surveyor arrived on a complaint. Could things get any worse today? but after a short investigation and about two hours, she was gone and the complaint was not substantiated.

Come on Thimbles weekend.....I need to be with friends and lots and lots of fabric. I think now I just might need to go into my sewing room and make a few more of those step one blocks in Double Delight. So far, I have 4. 116 of these bad boys to go and ten I can do step 2-that would be another 120 blocks.

4 wonderful peoplecomments:

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

So sorry about the work stress! Just try to leave it there, and let your quilting (and maybe a little Calgon?) take you away when you're home!
As for Double Delight, just pretend you're eating an elephant-one bite at a time!

Carol said...

I am so so glad that I have retired from nursing! I am having fun at the Park making my $7.45/hr. Hope to see you at Thimbles.

Gretchen said...

I'm sorry that work is so stressful right now. I really hope that this economy gets turned around soon because everyone is so overworked and overstressed. Can't wait to see you at Thimbles! Wish we could bring mimosas!!!

Unknown said...

Hope things get better at work soon for you. Hope to see you this weekend.