Saturday, January 17, 2009

Snacking on the elephant..


I really like Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt (not a mystery anymore). But I began it before all the steps were posted. At any rate, I have been collecting the fabrics for it. I needed to buy some as I do not have much of the type and color of the fabrics she selected.
At any rate, I began construction. Step one is the square in a square with a blue center-I need 130 of these blocks. 60 more to go and step one is completed. Step 2 is another 130 blocks with a brown center-not started or even cut yet. Step 3 is the tiny pink nine patch. I have one completed. I wanted to see what it would look like! All of the blocks are 31/2 blocks unfinished. This is not one of those tops that will be done quickly!!

Today is Thimbles.....wootwoot. I have been waiting all week long for this. I can't wait to see all of my quilting friends and catch up. I have missed this group. Most of us are former Sisters I think. At any rate..Gretchen, Becky, Cindi and all of the others-can't wait. And as for the Most High Exalted Thimble...missed you most! See you later..

1 wonderful peoplecomments:

Gretchen said...

Looks great so far!!!