Thursday, February 19, 2009

Harbinger of Spring

Spring here in the Atl brings some wonderful things BUT it also brings the threat of tornadoes. i knew yesterday when I left work that it would probably not be a very good night for some as the temperature was warm. Sure enough when I arrived home and turned on the tv, the weather boys were on 11Alive. It made me think about last year when the tornadoes kept marching thru Alabama one after another.
The really bad weather went south of L'ville=we did have some heavy rain and thunder/lightening. I guess the worst damage was close to the Alabama line. Saw some pretty interesting pictures of hail the size of tennis balls.\
I guess Spring is close-the robins are back

So that was last night-on the couch, under a quilt with the boys watching tv and dozing...not a productive night for sure.
I think I will try to swing by the new quilt shop after work today. After reading Becky's blog. It looks really nice. And there is a finished Double Delight which I would like to see. I am not making much progress on it. But this Saturday is Thimbles so maybe I can work on it. I also have the January project which is not far along as well. Compared to last year, I am really being a lazy slug!

2 wonderful peoplecomments:

Unknown said...

Most of that golf ball size hail was at my house. Hope to see you this weekend at Thimbles.

Gretchen said...

I thought about you when it started storming last night and hoped you and the guys were surviving OK. I hate to tell you but it's supposed to get cold again....