Monday, February 2, 2009

Quilting by the Bay






I did not add these pictures in the order I wanted but ...oh well!
The shop responsible for the retreat was Quilting by the Bay in Panama City, Fl. It was featured in the Quilt Sampler magazine in the Fall. Other featured shops that I have visited have been a disappointment on the whole but not this one. It is a lovely shop with wonderful samples, excellent lighting, lots and lots and lots of fabric..another good one to be far away from!!
The ladies in the pictures are Sandy Perdue-the owner of the shop and Sue Elliott (I think that is her last name). Both were warm and friendly and always helpful.
I did some damage here too and captured it on film. I bought a shirt, fat quarter pack and some fat quarters. As I was leaving I saw this wonderful sample made with Portabello mushroom. It was a 1-800-gotta have but they didn't have the book-they would bring it out to the retreat...now I have another project to complete.
Next installment pictures and stories of the retreat

1 wonderful peoplecomments:

Gretchen said...

Sounds like you had a great time on retreat even if the weather wasn't very Florida-like. I have the book "Sweet Life" too. What project are you making?? Can't wait to hear all the details at next Thimbles :)