Saturday, February 21, 2009

How about a quilt community...

Thimbles was wonderful today although not nearly long enough and now it will be another month until we meet again...but..

Gretchen had this great idea. Since there are golf communities and such, why not a quilt community? What a great idea. Some time ago, my friend Louise and I talked about that as well. A space where you could have your own place and then a common area where you could go to do whatever. Kind of like a giant wheel with individual areas with a kitchen, sitting area, etc. and then in the center would be the giant quilting area. There would be access to shops and fabric, field trips and such...catering for those of us who detest cooking and of course someone to clean the house...more time for sewing! So someone figure it out and make it happen!!!!

I worked on Double Delight today but I think I miscounted pieces because I seem to be short of the one block, I need to make some more or perhaps check in the sewing room to see if I have all the completed blocks together. Also worked on the project from last month but I think the strips are multiplying because I still have so many to sew!

I did manage to send my swap off to Australia this morning and now I need to go do some boring stuff like laundry!

3 wonderful peoplecomments:

Unknown said...

The quilting community sounds wonderful, count me in. I think we should have tv stations devoted entirely to quiltling, like they do for hunting.

Becky said...

Sounds like my kind of place! I could go for a quilting commune. Beats a golf community any day!

Mailed my swap off to Colorado today. Won't it be fun to see where our swaps originate?

Anonymous said...

There are lot to be accomplished in these fields. I dont see a vibrant community.