Monday, May 26, 2008

Oange Crush-step 5

Last evening when I checked, Bonnie had published the next step of the mystery quilt. Now the pieces are coming together. Although where she has orange, I have the red. I wonder if there is too much dark and not enough contrast. i decided to push on, instead of changing colors again. So this afternoon, I cut some of the red and brown and started to put it together. I have made 10 blocks, so far. I laid it out on the floor and I think it is not going to look too bad. It is not really my taste but I will press on. It looks like the top is set on point. We will have to wait for the next step.

I only worked until about 1 today. I will probably be stuck there late for the rest of the week since Q will be at another facility until Friday. After work I ran back down to Sweet Home to replace the screw up. I made good progress over the weekend on the jelly roll I bought. I am ready to put broders on it. Another project that I don't know what to do with but it is such a happy quilt. It is the fresh squeezed pattern by Moda

2 wonderful peoplecomments:

Gretchen said...

Karin--I need photos!!!! LOL Can't wait until sisters to see your projects. Hooray on getting a lot done. And going to Melisa's twice!!

Becky said...

I'm plugging away on Step 5. Have all the 9 patch blocks pinned and ready to sew. Have a great Tuesday! I'm a bit envious. You've been to Sweet Home twice. Lucky girl!