Friday, May 30, 2008

Weekend wedding plans...

Little Timmy Muller is getting married tomorrow. I haven't seen him in over 10 years. I first met him when he has about one year old. The Mullers were our next door neighbors in Mahopac, NY. Linda (his Mom) and I had many, many adventures as we were young mothers together. We each had 3 children-Tim was the only boy in the group. It was a good time. We have so many memories of the good and bad times. Last evening Linda, her Mom and Tim's younger sisters and Wim arrived in Atlanta. Linda and Kaarin live in Rhode Island now, Krista and her significant other live in Vermont. We all met at Kris and Tyler's house for a late supper last evening. I was struck by the fact that Linda and I are now about the same age as her mother was when we first met. Emma is now 91 years old. She has aged well. She does not look that much different than I remember her although she now is quite soft spoken. Our children are all adults now and I must say, I think Linda and I did a good job! They are all great kids.

This morning we will meet at Sue's house for awhile since Sue can not go to the wedding as Sarah has her ballet recital this weekend. I will drop off Bailey for the weekend this morning as well.

This afternoon we all will head out to Eatonton for the festivites. Don't know quite where we are all staying but Tim has made arrangements for us somewhere. We will have more time to spend together and that is what counts.

I have been blessed this month with being able to spend good time with cherished old friends from NY. I wish they were closer but distance does not sever the bonds that we have with each other. I wish they were closer-I miss them. Linda, kathy and me-the women of Mahopac!

1 wonderful peoplecomments:

Becky said...

Enjoy this special time with your friends. The friends we make when our children are little are life-time friends no matter how often we see each other. I'll think of you this weekend. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Did Timmy get a quit?