Sunday, February 3, 2008

B is for binding

Yesterday was quite a productive day at Sisters. I made the binding for the 3 quilts that are now over there awaitng the longarm. It pretty much took me the whole time to cut, sew together and press the binding but it is done!

When I got home I sewed the rick rack on the border of Peace in the Valley and I started working on the leaves. pat's pattern has 37 in the picture. I don't think I will put that many on but it depends on how frustrated I get my the process!

Then I sorted the "explosion" on my livingroom floor and contained part of it in a very large plastic container. This has the projects that are still in kits or tops that are not completed. I need to get another one for tops that are done. But at least the guys are not walking allover the fabric.

Today is the first day of the Winter Stitch-In. I am not sure which project I will work on today. I am just going to put the whole container in the backseat of the car and decide when i get there. I will be a very happy camper!

2 wonderful peoplecomments:

Becky said...

Karin,
It was wonderful visiting with you yesterday at Saturday Sisters. Wish I could have been there all day. Please, please share stories about your days at the Stich-In. I would love to be there. I did make the right decision to not even try to make any of the days. My "boys" are all sick. Jason is beginning to improve. Michael is still dragging around. Marion, my hubbie, is beginning to cough and feel poorly. Here's to week two of this virus/flu, whatever it it.

Take care!

Gretchen said...

Karin--You inspired me with your miles of binding and I made and sewed bindings on 2 quilts today! Woo Hoo--2 quilts nearly finished!